There's a super fun activity that I found that will have your little ones cutting up a storm while they talk about shapes, Halloween, and pumpkins. It is also a great opportunity for me to mention one of the most important parts, in my opinion, of education. So, grab a copy of the Pumpkin Pack- Part 2 and open it right up to page 2. You should see lots of different pumpkins, each one inside of a dotted line shape.
The thing that I love so much about this activity is that it was created with different skill level children in mind. If you kiddo is ready for it, have him cut out the shapes on those lines. If your little one is not quite there yet, have him cut out the squares. Either way, highlighting those dotted lines with a marker or crayon could help a whole bunch, as it does make the lines a little easier to distinguish. Once the cutting is done, there is a sheet that your kiddos can glue their cut out pumpkin shapes onto, on page 3.
Creating an activity in such a way that it is able to be changed, adapted, or modified to fit the needs of each and every individual child in your class is called Differentiation and, as I mentioned, I believe that it is one of the most important concepts in eduction. Learn more about this important idea in my article: What Is Differentiation?


No comments:
Post a Comment